Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 7.0.2

ACT 7.0.2

I've tried to restore a database to a computer at home, but the version of ACT! CD is 7.0.2, and I get an error "this database has been updated to work wtih a more curent version of AT, You must update your copy of ACT in order to login to this database"

Tech support is no help as its an older version.  I know I can upgrade, but still wake up shaking over my previous upgrade 5 yrs ago.  Can anyone help me find  the updates necessary? thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 7.0.2

What version did you backup from? If it's just a later build of ACT! 7.0, you can get an update to 7.04as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1356...

If the backup is from a later version of ACT!, you do need to upgrade.

BTW: The current version is faster, more stable and better in every way

Bronze Super Contributor

If your backup is from a version that is newer than Act! 7, i.,e. - 2006 or later, there is no choice if you want to use this database on that machine - you will need to upgrade that system the at least the same version if not newer.

If rather you mean that the backup is from Act! 7 but that it is a later patch than what is on the home PC, than you can patch that PC to the latest patch that was released for Act! 7 (don't recall if it was 7.02 or 7.03) and you should then be good.

this is what ive tried, ive clicked help, then update, then new updat available, but not connecting to anything.  is tehre a way to find the pactch remotely and install it?  my version is 7.0.2.81 and the db is 7.0.4.82

thx 

Platinum Elite Contributor