Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 6.0 to ACT! 2007 (9.0) premium

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 6.0 to ACT! 2007 (9.0) premium

Hi and thanks for any help you can provide.  I never use these forums so I am new at all this, but desperate.  I was let go from my last employer, they gave me a disc of my laptop information.  I was using ACT! 6.0 w/ windows XP.  I have a new job Smiley Happy and they are computer Nazis and won't let me put anything on unit.  They run Windows 2000 Smiley Sad.  Anyway, I finally got the approval to use one of there licenses for their ACT! 2007 (9.0) version.  Premium.  I could not open the disc......AWWW, but the IT person had a second backup and emailed me my ACT in a zip file.  I received it, opened it and did an import.  WOW, there's my information Smiley Happy YES! But not so fast my friend.  For some reason it keeps converting the information to .PAD files from .DBF file.  Problems galore.  I can not access the ACT address book from Outlook.  I can not import my ACT contacts to Outlook.  Everything seems to need a .DBF file and .PAD files seem not to translate.  I am completely computer illiterate.  My IT group won't help.  PLEASE help.  I thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author GO_SCARLET_KNIGHTS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 6.0 to ACT! 2007 (9.0) premium

In ACT! 2007 your data would be in SQL. The ,PAD file is nothing more than a pointer telling the application which datbase to open.

You should not be importing your ACT contacts to Oulook in any case. You should simply add the ACT! database to Oulook as an Address Book.

From the Tools menu select Preferences and Email. Go through the Email setup and select the .Pad file for your database and add that to Outlook.

There will never be a use for a .DBF file with 2007. That was only used with versions of ACT prior to ACT! 2005.

Darrell Hicks
ACT! Certified Consultant/Premier Trainer
Endpoint Networks
www.endpointnet.com

View solution in original post

All Replies

ACT! 2007 converts the ACT! 6.0 database to SQL format.  It no longer uses DBF.  In your situation, its looking for ACT! 6.0 integration, rather than ACT! 2007.

Try uninstalling ACT! 6.0 and setup the integration again.  If the same issue, uninstall ACT! 2007 and install only ACT! 2007.

Solution
Accepted by topic author GO_SCARLET_KNIGHTS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

In ACT! 2007 your data would be in SQL. The ,PAD file is nothing more than a pointer telling the application which datbase to open.

You should not be importing your ACT contacts to Oulook in any case. You should simply add the ACT! database to Oulook as an Address Book.

From the Tools menu select Preferences and Email. Go through the Email setup and select the .Pad file for your database and add that to Outlook.

There will never be a use for a .DBF file with 2007. That was only used with versions of ACT prior to ACT! 2005.

Darrell Hicks
ACT! Certified Consultant/Premier Trainer
Endpoint Networks
www.endpointnet.com