Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 4 to Sage 2011 using Windows 7 (64bit)

ACT 4 to Sage 2011 using Windows 7 (64bit)

Hello,

I have been using ACT for about 10+ years and upgraded a few times, and my current disc is ACT 4 (used on a PC XP Operating System).  I now have a Dell PC and with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). The ACT 4 disc does not work (not compatible). I have a copy of my entire ACT program (copied from my old computer Program Files) and also when clicking on Execute it does not work (SH3032.dll missing).

Q 1: - Is there any way I can use my old disk and up grade (download files)?

If not I am looking at purchasing Sage 2011; where can I purchase a hard copy disc if possible,  not a download [but a download trial version might be a good alternative].
Q 2: Will this version work on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit? 
Q 3: Will it work on Windows 7 Home version?   And will MS Word 2007 and 2010 work?

Q 4: How can I transfer over my old Database from ACT 4?  Can I just copy and paste my DB from my old ACT DB which I copies?
Q 5: Can I transfer over my Task List from ACT 4? Can I just copy and paste from my old ACT DB (not sure what file this is?)

Q 6: How can I transfer all my notes for contacts?  Or does this have to be mapped for the transfer?  Or if this is to hard, can I copy and paste my notes from each contact information (from a copy of my DB contacts in a Plain Text" saved file)

Any help will be most appreciated,

Sy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 4 to Sage 2011 using Windows 7 (64bit)

See answers below.
syberguySBG@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I have been using ACT for about 10+ years and upgraded a few times, and my current disc is ACT 4 (used on a PC XP Operating System).  I now have a Dell PC and with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). The ACT 4 disc does not work (not compatible). I have a copy of my entire ACT program (copied from my old computer Program Files) and also when clicking on Execute it does not work (SH3032.dll missing).

If not I am looking at purchasing Sage 2011; where can I purchase a hard copy disc if possible,  not a download [but a download trial version might be a good alternative].

I have no idea it thats possible with ACT! 4

Q 3: Will it work on Windows 7 Home version?   And will MS Word 2007 and 2010 work?

Yes but I would go to ACT! 2013. If you're upgrading why upgrade to two versions back?

Q 4: How can I transfer over my old Database from ACT 4?  Can I just copy and paste my DB from my old ACT DB which I copies?

Yes but it will need to be upgraded to the new version.

Q 5: Can I transfer over my Task List from ACT 4? Can I just copy and paste from my old ACT DB (not sure what file this is?)

Q 6: How can I transfer all my notes for contacts?  Or does this have to be mapped for the transfer?  Or if this is to hard, can I copy and paste my notes from each contact information (from a copy of my DB contacts in a Plain Text" saved file)

The conversion will reatain those items. However to convert from that old a version you need to do a two step conversion, First to ACT! 6 and the to the later version. Frankly you should consider using an ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) to help with that significant a conversion.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT 4 to Sage 2011 using Windows 7 (64bit)

Roy_Laudenslage wrote:
See answers below.
My reply highlighted in blue;
syberguySBG@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I have no idea it thats possible with ACT! 4
I saw on the internet of people who have be able to convert ACT to their computer (Later versions then mine), but to risk to try it.  I saw on the internet Sage 2011 being sold and a retail box(disk), but was hoping to get a referral to a reliable URL/store to buy it.  Downloading a trial version of Sage 2011 might be a good idea.

Yes but I would go to ACT! 2013. If you're upgrading why upgrade to two versions back?
ACT 2013 is very expensive for my needs. I just need the basics, like contact screen, notes, Task List... and do not
need GPS, or any sales strategies...  prospecting, existing accounts, etc. So ACT 2011 is ideal.

Yes but it will need to be upgraded to the new version.
I do not want to upgrade to ACT 2011 (or ACT 2013) to my old computer (which has ACT 4). And if I did, how can I then
get the upgaded installed ACT to my new Dell????

The conversion will reatain those items. However to convert from that old a version you need to do a two step conversion, First to ACT! 6 and the to the later version. Frankly you should consider using an ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) to help with that significant a conversion.
Sounds very difficult, to first upgarde to ACT6? Where can I find a URL with this software (will cost money)?
Then upgrade to Sage 2011/2013 (costs money).  And it is not cost effective to hire a consultant for all of this!

To clarify my first post, I have been using ACT two years after it was introduced, so I guess over 20 years. It has been
an excellent DB software program for my needs. I will still search for solutions to using ACT/Sage.

Any additional comments will be helpful Roy... and by others.

Thanks,

Sy

P.S. Aside-  How do I keep my e-mail address not showing on this message board?