Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 4.0 vs newer versions?

ACT 4.0 vs newer versions?

Hello, we have been using ACT 4.0 since 1998, however we have upgraded our systems, and obviously now ACT 4.0 will not run on modern 64-bit systems.  We primarily use ACT for appointment setting/scheduling.  We have looked at the Sage ACT 2013, but in the demo's etc, it shows nothing about appointment scheduling etc... Can someone tell me if these newer versions perform the same functions as the older ACT 4.0 platform, or if anyone knows how to get ACt 4.0 to run in a Windows 8 (64 bit) environment?  4.0 does everything we need it to do, so obviously being able to run it on Win 8 64 bit would be ideal, but if we absolutely must upgrade, we arent opposed to that IF the newer software has the same functionality that 4.0 does... Thanks in advance for any advise anyone can give on this issue...

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 4.0 vs newer versions?

Hello Aspect and welcome to the ACT Community.

The short answer is Yes, appointment scheduling is still there - and a whole lot more.

The longer answer will have to deal with your old data and history.  I'm sure other people will jump in givig you advice on how to get data out of Version 4 to the current version.  If maintaining a history of the appointments or notes is not important, then all you will have to do is export your contacts and then import them into ACT 2013.  On the other hand, if you need to maintain history, then the multiple upgrades that ACT has gone through will impact the moving of your data. 

Hey ACT gurus, what will Aspect have to do to maintain his history.  Also, what about running ACT4.0 in compatibility mode in Windows 8, 64bit?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks for the info on the newer versions.  In response to tryin to run it in compatibility mode, I have tried them all, all fail Smiley Sad