Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 v. 16 using Hamachi with Windows 8 remote database fails to synchronize remotely with Desktop running Windows 7

ACT! 2013 v. 16 using Hamachi with Windows 8 remote database fails to synchronize remotely with Desktop running Windows 7

Desktop running ACT! 2013 v.16 with Windows 7 64 bit was able to synchronize on a home network with a remote database on a new laptop running Windows 8. 

We are trying to synchronize from outside of the home based network. 

Downloaded Hamachi onto the Publisher desktop and the remote database laptop and tried to do the synchronization but it fails to connect with the sync server.

Have Googled and watched several Youtbues on Hamachi issues. 

An ACT! knowledgebase article says to put in the ip (ip4)  address 25.29.27.210)  of the Hamachi on the Publisher computer.  I did this but it did not connect.  One suggestion was to use the ip6 (2620:9b::191d:1bd2) address from the Publisher computer and put this in on the laptop which has the remote database.

Another suggestion was the Windows 8 doesn't like public networks.  Here is a Youtube link to going into the registry in order to change it to a Private network.

Has anyone had any success using Hanachi with Windows 8 and what can I try in order to get this to work.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer us in order to get this to synchronizie remotely.

Re: ACT! 2013 v. 16 using Hamachi with Windows 8 remote database fails to synchronize remotely with Desktop running Windows 7

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? We are having the same problem.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 v. 16 using Hamachi with Windows 8 remote database fails to synchronize remotely with Desktop running Windows 7

It works for me with office server on WXP and Remote on W8.1 64 bit.

Must be a Hamachi setting somewhere.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org