Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 (WEB) will not show me any of my local drive letters?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2013 (WEB) will not show me any of my local drive letters?

I attempted to load an existing ACT! database, but when I selected OPEN or IMPORT, I was not provided any of my local drive letters (including the thumb drive that had the database on it). I was using the TRIAL version of 2013.

I can easily see the files in Windows 7 Explorer, but the file pick list does not show any of the local drives on my system.

Anyone?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pixelgrower
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 (WEB) will not show me any of my local drive letters?

As I said, these are Citrix settings ... the Sage admins definitely don't want to be responsible for data connections to local devices.

That's why it's blocked

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello pixelgrower,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Do you have ACT! for Web installed on your Windows 7 machine? If you go to File > Open/Share Database, do you see any available databases?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I do see a list of databases, which I can open, but there is no C: drive or (my memory stick - E drive) when I attempt to open items not listed in the immediate list. I'd like to perform a screen capture. but the Citrix interface does not allow for Shft-PrtScn to capture what is on the display. In this way, you could see what I am seeing.

The whole process is to test ACT! 2013 to see if it is a product we want to continue the path with. The exercise is merely a test. I am aware that removeable drives are not the way to go, for a database that will be ongoing... Thank you.

Silver Super Contributor

I don't think SQL likes databases that are on removable drives either.  If you really want to get it to work on a removable drive you will have to set the drive up as an iSCSI drive.  I haven't tried that with a removable drive but it might work.  Otherwise copy the database onto the hard drive and access it from there.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I am running the 30 day trial off Sage's web site.

That's the problem.

As mentioned earlier.. my C drive is not available to be selected.

None of my local computer hard drives are... I am launching TESTDRIVE, from Sage's web site, which loads up Citrix.

I only have available to me:

- R:\Users\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases  (I don't have an "R" drive on my network).

- MY COMPUTER, DESKTOP along with ACTUSBETA2013003 folder (MY COMPUTER does not result in any drive letters being shown, when selected).

It looks like, for the purpose of the TESTDRIVE, that I am not able to open any of my own databases. I have to "play with" the ones provided by Sage on their "R" drive..   Man Sad

The window frame indicates I am running SAGE ACT (PREMIUM) BETA - Act2013demo_03, from Sage's TESTDRIVE 30 day trial of ACT! 2013.

Solution
Accepted by topic author pixelgrower
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

As I said, these are Citrix settings ... the Sage admins definitely don't want to be responsible for data connections to local devices.

That's why it's blocked