Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 Pro

ACT 2013 Pro

About 95% of the way into my install process, I get an error stating, "configuration data is corrupt", contact your administrator.  I am a sole proprietor so there is no administrator.

What is the "configuration data" ? Is this the ACT program or something else?  Most importantly, how do I fix this so I can get a complete install.  Using Win7 Home, 32bit.

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 Pro

The problem may be caused by the Windows UAC. When you go to start the install try right clicking on the setup.exe and select run as administrator.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello DRod615,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Please see if the information in this Knowledgebase article helps resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3034...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Roy,

Thanks, but I did this and had same result.  95% finished and got the "corrupt data" error screen.  This is the demo program I downloaded a week ago.  Years ago I had previous version of ACT and I'm not sure I cleanly uninstalled the program. However, I saw somewhere that the error may be caused by a "previous install" or bad installer files.

A) Is there a "clean uninstaller file" available to start over from scratch as the program doesn't show up on my normal Control Panel uninstaller or is recognized as "installed" by one of my other uninstaller programs.

I have now increased the UAC (was previously at the bottom) to the highest level and will try a reinstall again. Any other thoughts or ideas?  Thanks much.

Dennis

Dennis,
You can use the ACT! Uninstaller utility to remove ACT! if you are unable to do so through your control panel. You can get the tool and instructions for use from the KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1933...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Now, not only am I not able to install the program, but now I can't UNINSTALL the program.  I'm sure it is because my system doesn't recognize that the program is installed.  Was hoping that no matter what, the uninstall program would remove all of the registry files relating to the install attempt, but it won't load.  I know registry files are there as I've searched and removed any and all ACT and ACT for Windows files prviously.

I'm still trying to find out what "configuration files are corrupt" means.  Is this referring to my ACT demo download, something Microsoft, or what ??  Seems that if I know specifically what the config file IS, won't I be able to download or correct this file/program and complete the install ? 

Anyone have an idea on what the config file is ??  Thanks !