Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 Pro Problem

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2013 Pro Problem

My ACT! Pro 2013 which I have been using since October 2012 has suddenly started to ask me if I want to purchase ACT! or continue to use as a trial version with 0 days left. I don't know why it is asking this after all these months as I am a long time user. I have tried to enter the serial number of my product but the reply is that it is an invalid serial number. Any ideas as I can't call anyone as support is closed for the Labor Day weekend.

Tetra Homes, Inc.
Cincinnati | OH

ACT! 2013 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate
Office 2010 Pro Plus
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 Pro Problem

Dude this happens a bit now its actually a Windows issue, and it worked for me to exit Act, then right click on the Act icon and select Run as Admin

You may or may not be asked to enter the serial, but once you do that it then works as normal in the future

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the help. I did try this at your suggestion as an administrator and I even rebooted the computer 2 times to try to eradicate the problem. When I enter the serial number and try to register by internet, it will not comply and tells me that it can't register by internet. Very strange.

Tetra Homes, Inc.
Cincinnati | OH

ACT! 2013 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate
Office 2010 Pro Plus
Copper Super Contributor

ok sorry mate that worked for me, i dont have any other ideas for you

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Contributor

I worked through the problem by following Knowledgebase  ID 14245. Quite a lot of work but it now works. While I happy I am now in the land of the functional, I would like to know what exactly causes this type of problem after so many months? And if there is a Knowledgebase paper on it, does that mean this happans a lot? If so, why isn't this software stable after 15 generations?

Tetra Homes, Inc.
Cincinnati | OH

ACT! 2013 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate
Office 2010 Pro Plus
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi

when i did see this issue, it was in most cases related to things that happend to the pc, like installing all the microsoft patches, Someone cleaning up the PC& Registry, or a new policy from the Antivirus.

i.e last time we did see this the problem was related to a new policy introduced by Bitdefender, that was installed without interaction from the user. After disabling bitdefender firewall, it did work again like a charm

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040