Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 No Longer Runs under Windiows 7

Tuned Listener

ACT 2013 No Longer Runs under Windiows 7

I applied a number of Windows 'upgrades' to my Windows desktop and now Act Pro 2013 will not run.  It is a Windows 7 computer running the 64 bit home version.  My Act is 2013 Pro version 15.1.108.0 service pack 3.

I suspect that, like what happened a a couple of years ago, one of the 'upgrades' is crashing Act.  Do any members have suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Sepposam

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 2013 No Longer Runs under Windiows 7

I found the answer in another thread. The culprit was the .NET update to 4.6.1 as described in that thread. I have had major problems with Act! crashing on three occasions and every time it was a bad Windows update. I hate Microsoft!!
Tuned Listener

It crashed again this morning and when I checked .NET 4.6.1 was reinstalled. I removed it and downloaded and reinstalled 4.5.2 and it's back working again. Is there a way to block updating of a program? I'd like to avoid going through this process every day when first opening Act!
Administrator

Hi Sepposam,

It is possible to block these .NET updates. See the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article for more info:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133990

Please understand that we cannot support you with this process directly, or take responsibility for any unintended outcomes when following 3rd party advice.

Gary,

Support is still unavailable after 24 minutes of wait time.  My question is simple....

I'm operating ACT Pro 2013 on MS 8.1 operating system.  It's a 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor.

MS hounds me to upgrade to MS10.  I only use my ACT Pro on my own computer.  There is no sharing/no internet or e-mail usage.

If I cave to MS on the 10, will my ACT Prop 2013 still run?

Thanks.

Jim

PS.  Started with ACT!2000, and am retiring.  I just want to be able to access the information that is in the program without additional investment.

Administrator

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry for the extended queue times on the phone yesterday. This was unexpected and much higher than normal.

In regards to your question, Act 2013 is not compatible with Windows 10. Only Act v17 and v18 are currently compatible with Windows 10.

You can find more compatibility info in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

Moving to Windows 10 would not be recommended for you at this point, without upgrading your Act version beforehand. If you would be interested in upgrading Act, please give us a call on 866 873 2006 and speak to our sales team for more info.