Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013. Does Outlook auto completes using contacts from the ACT database when typing it in the To: field?

ACT 2013. Does Outlook auto completes using contacts from the ACT database when typing it in the To: field?

[ Edited ]

When using the ACT email client, when I start a new email message and start typing the name of the contact in the To: field, ACT shows contact suggestions as you type a name.  For instance, if I type Smith, ACT shows all contacts with last name Smith .    This feature doesn't seem to work when using Outlook as the email client with ACT 2013.   The best it can do is if I type the entire name of the contact, then Outlook highlights the name to show that it found the name and email address in the ACT database.    Am I missing something?   

One example.   I have 3 contacts:  Patrick Aschenbrenner, Mary Aschenbrenner, and Penelope Aschenbrenner.    In ACT 6.0, I type, Asc and ACT bring the 3 contacts and I just use the arrow key to select the one I want, and I can start typing the message.   With ACT 2013 using Outlook, I have to type the entire name Patrick Aschenbrenner.  And if I mistype this last name, it never finds it.  

If that's how it works, then if I would probably prefer to not use Outlook,  but the problem is that if I use the ACT email client, messages don't leave the outbox unless Outlook is opened.   

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2013. Does Outlook auto completes using contacts from the ACT database when typing it in the To: field?

Hello marciouw,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. When autofilling, Outlook will check the address book you have assigned as the default for searching contacts. Please see this Knowledgebase article for instructions on how to make the ACT! address book the default address book in Outlook:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1352...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.