Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012

ACT 2012

I have been a fan of ACT for years and years, but NO longer. I upgraded to ACT 2012 and the problems began! Unless you have a new computer with at least 6GB of RAM, ACT is quirkly and still system resources resulting in unexpected crashes and freezes. ACT email is a joke, it used to work flawlessly now, it is terrible!!!! I cannot send an email from with in ACT and I have read numerous posting and articles on this,but can't seem to get it to work regardless of whether I use it with Outlook or Internet email This is a tremendous diappointment. I used to refer ACT to numerous business associates, but no longer do so. Oh and SageACT connect is one of the biggest waste of money. ACT used the be all to get all. Now it's NO longer the fabulous business tool it used to be.

One Extremely Disappointed Customer, searching for a contact database program that works like ACT used to.

Debbie

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012

Hello Debbie,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Sage ACT! 2012. The items you are describing do not sound typical of the 2012 version, and may be fixable.

If you go to Help > About ACT!, what is the exact version (including hot fix #) that you are using?

Unexpected crashes and freezing:
- What are your computer's hardware specifications (operating system including SP#, RAM, processor speed, free disk space)?
- Are there any specific ACT! error messages you are seeing?
While it's true that the new versions of ACT! will require more resources (not a lot more) than prior due to additional features and a newer version of SQL Server, performance is often machine-specific and also relative to other applications you may running on your machine

ACT! Email:
- What specifically are you seeing with ACT! Email?
- Are there any error messages?
- Have you tried direct integration with Outlook instead of using ACT! Email?
The ACT! Email client hasn't changes in several years so I would not anticipate an issue due to upgrading to 2012.

Also, have you called ACT! Support regarding any of the issues you are experiencing?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.