Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 - stopped rolling activities to the next day

ACT 2012 - stopped rolling activities to the next day

We have 4 users syncronizing to our ACT database.  One of the users tasks and calls have stopped rolling to the next day.  They get the prompt saying, "Would you like to roll your activities...", but after clicking it nothing happens.  I have gone through the various knowledge base answers and fixed and refixed the database, but nothing seems to repair the issue. 

Has anyone seen this or have a solution?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 - stopped rolling activities to the next day

Hello Marvls,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

From your description, it sounds like either a workstation or user issue... you can test this by signing into the main database with the affected username and testing the rollover. You can also test by signing into ACT! on the 'issue' workstation with a different ACT! user and test rolling over their activities (you may need to create a test activity a day or 2 in the past and then close/reopen ACT! to get the prompt).
Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for the response.  I actually did this on the main database and found that the dates aren't rolling over if logged in as the user of the activities or as someone else on either the main database and remote databases.  I am beginning to think that the problem is related to the user's account as you indicated. 

How do you fix the user account?  Create a new one and transfer all activities to the new user account?

Platinum Super Contributor

If I read the response correctly, it appears the issue is occuring for all users - is that correct? 

If it is narrowed to a single user, you may be able to correct it by: 1. Backup database.  2. Create new user. 3. Delete old username and reassign all items to new user.  The problem here is that you may be reassigning the problem to the new user.

To test if this option will resolve the issue: use the File > Save Copy As option and create a copy of the database.  Open the copy and perform the steps above to create user and reassign items.  Then test the rollover process.  If it works in the copy, you would then perform the steps in the main database.

Greg Martin
Sage