Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 and softphone support?

Copper Super Contributor

ACT 2012 and softphone support?

Hi,

My company uses a unified communications client from Mitel Networks, who makes our phone system.

Within Outlook I can set the Outlook dialer to use the softphone client.  In other words, OL reocnizes the UC client as a dialer. 

Does ACT 2012 have this same option?  It would encourage me to upgrade to 2012. 

If not is there a 3rd party add on that will let it reognize the softphone dialer?  I cannot use a Vonage or Skype dialer as I am not using them as a carrier. 

Mike

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 and softphone support?

Hi mikefm101.

Since ACT uses the Windows dialer, the easy question to ask if if you have tried it?  Setting it up in ACT fills in the options such as entering a number to access an outside line, calling card # if anyone is still using them, and area code rules.

Beyond that, I would wait on one of the more technical members of this community to chime in. 

Good luck.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 and softphone support?

ACT! will talk to most TAPI drivers installe don your PC, this can be configured under Tools / Preferences / Communication / Dailer Preferences. If this doesn't work then you would need to speak to the MITEL TAPI provider.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand