Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 and Outlook 2010 - Only One Address Book Allowed

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2012 and Outlook 2010 - Only One Address Book Allowed

If I have two ACT databases set up for Outlook email sync I get errors from Outlook. In order to have the db hook into Outlook I must have the db listed as the only db in Tools | Preferences | E-mail & Outlook Sync | E-mail - Outlook Address Books.

1. I list both databases in E-mail - Outlook Address Books.

2. I have main db listed as default.

3. I load the remote db in ACT.

When I load Outlook it throws an error message that the main db is not configured and asked if I want to configure it.  Of course, I don't want to configure the main db because I'm away from the office and it is not available (which is why I loaded remote db).

If I remove the main db from the address book list all is well.

I do use a local copy of the .PAD file as a pointer to the main db which resides on the office LAN.  Could this be causing confusion for ACT/Outlook since the .PAD is pointing to a db which is offline? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author GregH
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 and Outlook 2010 - Only One Address Book Allowed

I understand that the address book will only attach to the primary (No1) address book anyway so having a second is of no realy value.

I would only add the remote as yes each time you load Outlook it will try and connect with the database to validate the address book entry and if you are not connected to the LAN will give you an error.

In generaly I woudl recommend users who have a remote database use this one exclusively and not log into the LAN database unless absolutely necessary

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author GregH
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 and Outlook 2010 - Only One Address Book Allowed

I understand that the address book will only attach to the primary (No1) address book anyway so having a second is of no realy value.

I would only add the remote as yes each time you load Outlook it will try and connect with the database to validate the address book entry and if you are not connected to the LAN will give you an error.

In generaly I woudl recommend users who have a remote database use this one exclusively and not log into the LAN database unless absolutely necessary

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.