Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Would these steps work for Act Pro 2012 and Windows 10??? Please advise as I have this issue every time I start up Act Pro 2012.
Thanks!
Copper Contributor

Hi ACTing boy -

I don't think you would have anything to lose by trying!

We're still on ACT! 2011 Pro, but running Windows 10. There's a new glitch in Windows 10, but the fix for the phone dialog still works.

Adding the registry entries as per this thread won't do any harm, so give it a go!

Best regards,

Simon.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Simon for your advice. 

I was only apprehensive to use these steps as it might affect the registry and important folders....  

Will give this a go and hopefully I wont have any other side or after effect!  Thanks again!

Jay

Copper Contributor

Thanks SImon - I just completed the steps and the fix worked perfectly for Act Pro 2012 and Windows 10.

Appreciate your expertise, knowledge and help!

Jay

I am having the same problem with ACT 18 in Windows 10. The registry keys changed again in Windows 10 so these instructions don't make sense.

Change the key under Telephony to read Country/region list  

tmgibs3434.   I was having the same problem. I couldn't locate the registry in Windows 10. Finally found it. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Tel​ephony\Country/region List

Hope that helps!

Well, I have Act! 2009 and upgraded to Windows 10...so was definitely having this issue.

It appears to me that Windows 10 randomly selects different ways to format the registry.  I see here two different posts telling what the registry was...mine is neither of these.

This makes the location process very aggravating...thanks Microsoft! Smiley Sad

Mine is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country/region List]

I followed the detailed directions from NOMPHRA on 01/24/2013 and it still worked!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  My sanity is preserved. Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

Why does not ACT update previous software to automatically adapt to Windows 10 and newer versions??

[ Edited ]

I have been running Act Pro 2011 in Windows 10 without problems - until I upgraded to Windows 1607 - the anniversary update. 

Now the phone dialog prompt is occuring everytime I run the program.

I found the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony - however there is no entry for country or region. Any updated guidance for resolving the issue in this latest version of Windows 10?