Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Trouble with Layouts

PPP

ACT 2012 Trouble with Layouts

Upgrading from ACT 6.0 to ACT 2012 and am having layout troubles:

1. I have converted the necessary layout and can see it ok in ACT2012 but, when I go into the Design Layout option, I cannot see the entire tab and therefore cannot move or manipulate fields at the bottom of tabs. It appears like I should be able to adjust the dimensions of the tab I am seeing but, will not actually allow me to do so.

and

2.  Even in a new layout (I have been playing around).  Once I lay down a field, the software will not allow me to manipulate the fields size (i.e. make it longer/shorter).  Even though I can see the boxes on the corners and sides of the fields if I click on it.  It will not allow me to click and drag to adjust the size.  Phone Tech support says it allows them to do it and then sort of left me hanging not sure why it wasn't allowing me to do it. 

Please Help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Trouble with Layouts

You can change the field size using the properties panel, press F4 to open the properties panel.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
PPP

Thanks...F4 works to adjust the field size.  A nice work-around of my issue but, wouldn't it be easier for me to be able to click and drag.  If the tech guy can do it...shouldn't I be able to?

I really appreciate your response...got anything for my #1 issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you have a high resolution screen it's hard to accurately grab the handles. Also you can't accurately size using the drag handles. Personally I do every thing possible with the properties panel and the format menu.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello,

I believe I'm have the same trouble described above as Item #1.

To be more specific, I'm using ACT Pro 2012.  I want to rename the User Fields (1-15) that can be found on the Essentials 1024x768 layout of the contact screen under the "User Fields" tab.  However, when I bring up the Tools/Design Layouts/Contact editing screen, and click on the User Fields tab, the viewing screen is limited and I only see User fields 1-3 and 9-10.  The remaining User Fields are out-of-view.  Nothing I do as far as attempting to drag open the viewing field seems to work.

If you follow these exact same steps, do you see something different?   Please be sure you're viewing Essentials 1024x768, since I don't have this same problem with Basic Contact Layout 1024x768. 

(Note: My normal screen resolution is 1366x768, but, I did lower the screen resolution down to 1024x768 to ensure that this wasn't the issue.  It wasn't.) 

Thanks very much

- John