Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Recurring Personal Activity cannot be removed

Copper Contributor

ACT 2012 Recurring Personal Activity cannot be removed

I manually try to erase a recurring activity and it keeps showing up multiple times with differrent years.  I select all of them and erase them again only to have another group.  How can I finally remove these reminders.

I originally set up a recurring birtyday reminder for one contact.  That contact started giving me problems with the reminder so I ended up removing the contact.  Now that birthday  reminder is showing up in my own record and cannot be deleted.  HELP!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Recurring Personal Activity cannot be removed

Hello laser,
Are you able to edit one of the instances to remove the recurrence? Then delete the remaining instance?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Recurring Personal Activity cannot be removed

Yes, but after I close ACT and restart it they come back with a vengence!  I locked the database and wasn't able to unlock it after closing ACT.  I thought I knew the password but I didn't.  Any way to reopen that one?

In the interim, I have gone to my backup database from a week ago and that one seems working without the recurring activities coming up.  I may just go with that one for now.