Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2012 Pro spk1 Cannot Right mouse click on memo field to do lookup on Opportunity - ACT!2012 Pro has a break in it !!!

Nickel Elite Contributor

ACT!2012 Pro spk1 Cannot Right mouse click on memo field to do lookup on Opportunity - ACT!2012 Pro has a break in it !!!

[ Edited ]

Updated database from ACT!2011 pro to 2012 pro spk1. Thats what I sell as a ACT! add-on(a custom ACT!2011 db).

ACT!2012 Pro spk1 - Cannot Right mouse click on memo field to do lookup on Opportunity - ACT!2012 has a break in it.

This must be a known issue? when is it going to be fixed?

The article below addresses the problem in the Contact module of ACT!2012. Prob with Define Fields access when you update a act2011 db to ACT!2012. Also not able to rite mouse click a memo field to get lookup info.  But the Prob still exist in the Opportunity module of ACT!2012 pro.  Is there a Fix for the opportunity module also? and when will it be in a hot fix or srvc pak??

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28272/kw/define%20fields%20error/session/L3...

My customers need this fix as well. Any help much appreciated. FSB

Update 02-16-2012 I spoke to Sage support again. No luck.

Daniel was helpful and patient but all they can do is report issue and hope that sum1 at Sage will someday fixy.

Management and Support is aware of this prob as I brought it to their attention several months ago.

This is a problem with ACT!2012 Pro Memo Fields Period.

We tested the ACT!2012Pro spk1 Demo database to re-create problem by adding a memo field to the opp layout..

Result = Not able to rite mouse click and perform a Lookup.

The Kb solution above fixes the prob in the Contact module of ACT! but Not the opportunities module of ACT!2012 Pro, so you would think the solution lies within the kb fix above? So why no fixy opportunity  module? Did I mention it is now Feb of 2012?

It's one thing to release a product with bugs, but when you are told of these bugs by your customers and months go by with no solution, then your customers get a little bit, lets just use the word; Frustrated and leave it at that..

Regards, Perfectionist  FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2012 Pro spk1 Cannot Right mouse click on memo field to do lookup on Opportunity - ACT!2012 Pro has a break in it !!!

Bill,
We have reproduced the issue with the lookup option not being available in the right-click menu for Opportunity, Company, and Group memo-type fields. This worked in ACT! 2010, but did not see it working in 2011 or 2012. I have reported this to our development team. When more information is available for this issue, an update will be provided. Thank you for taking the time to report this.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2012 Pro spk1 Cannot Right mouse click on memo field to do lookup on Opportunity - ACT!2012 Pro has a break in it !!!

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your assistance in this matter and I trust sum1 will address this issue this time.. 

My main concern is this;

There may be several folks that do not even know how this could be adversely affecting there searches/business affairs. When you put data in a (supposed to be searchable)memo field and perform variuos searches, folks do not know that the desired results may not be forthcoming because ACT!2012 cannot read/lookup the memo field data correctly.

Example 1;

let's says you buy a awesome HR/Recruiting software database add-on for managing job-seeker resumes and using whatever tools, you place a copy of a resume in a memo field.

That normally would be enough to get desired search results for a certain skill/skills sets when and as needed.

But no results or incomplete results could possibly be produced in certain lookup/searches scenario?

So it may seem like a little issue, but it may be more than a little issue so let's take another look at it please.?

Folks presently do to not know they need to run kb 28272 to resolve this issue for the Contact module of ACT!2012, but that still leaves the Opportunity module issue unresolved for 2012.  Why has this fix not been put in ACT!2012 hotfix1 or 2 or Srvcpak1? Maybe this should be a HIGH Priority? Being a part of all this is more rewarding when Sage listens.

Thank you Greig for listening - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html