Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 Pro SP1 will not install

ACT! 2012 Pro SP1 will not install

I have 2012 Pro version 14.0.572.0 Hot Fix 2 and Windows 7 64. When I attempt to run the service pack I get the following error message:

"An earlier version of Sage Act has been detected. To install Sage ACT!  Pro 2012 uninstall your previous version and start this installation again."

ACT! 2012 is the only version of ACT! that has been installed on this computer so I don't have a clue where this message is coming from.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2012 Pro SP1 will not install

This sounds like the Windows Installer information may have become corrupted.  I have sent you a Private Note  with a link to download the Sage ACT! Pro 2012 SP1 installation files.  Uninstall the current version of ACT!, reboot the computer, then use the downloaded file to install ACT!. 

No update will be necessary after the install, it will already contain Service Pack 1.

If ACT! will not uninstall through normal means (Add/Remove Programs), here is a link to the ACT!Uninstaller utility: KB Article 19338

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, 

I will down load and save for another day. Since the program is not having any other apparent problems Uninstalling and Reinstalling is something I don't look forward to doing right now.  I am still confused why ACT is detecting a previous version. This is a new computer, new OS and 2012 is the only version installed on this machine. The origianl database was imported from a flash drive so it never resided on this machine either.

Greg,

If I uninstall ACT should I also uninstall SQL server?

No.  Do not uninstall SQL.

Greg Martin
Sage

I'm having this exact same problem. Can someone provide the link to the install with SP1 included? I'm trying to fix a problem of Outlook 2010 not responding when launched via Act. Thanks Ted

Hello Ted,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Please send me 2012 Premium with SP1!  I am having this problem as well!

TIA,

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 FORMERLY Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4, NOW Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64

Outlook 2010 x32 v14

Durkin Impact Business Suite V4.2

exponenciel Automatic Field Calculations v8.5

Company Wizard v1.1.1.20

Duplicate Wizard

Referenced in other post - link sent to mrobbins.
Greg Martin
Sage

I am also having this problem while attempting to reinstall ACT! 2012. Can't get SP1 (Canada)  installed (whether via the "Update" feature within the software or after downloading ACTPro2012SP1_CA_Update.exe via the support website).