Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 Pro SP1 will not install.Without Uninstalling ACT! 2012!!

ACT! 2012 Pro SP1 will not install.Without Uninstalling ACT! 2012!!

I have a LOT of data, a database, my business & HOURS of work customizing contact layouts, etc.

I WILL NOT UNINSTALL & lose all of that! There must be a way to install an update & the hotfixes without a total uninstall!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2012 Pro SP1 will not install.Without Uninstalling ACT! 2012!!

I wasn't aware that the Service Pack required an uninstall ... but, even if it did, you wouldn't lose any data, layouts, etc.

Of course, make sure you backup the database first (the backup will include the layouts, etc)

Perhaps the update I downloaded from Sage was corrupted in some way, after it unpacks & begins to install it first wants to uninstall ACT!2012

I will try downloading SP1 from another source..

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello worksalone,
The SP1 update should not uninstall the existing program on your machine. Verify you have the correct update file from this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2850...

Also, prior to applying the update, go to Help > About ACT! and verify your current version is 14.0.572.0

In addition, as Mike stated, there is no danger to your database if there is an uninstall. This only removes the program - your database is in a separate directory.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.