Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Pro Remote database users unable to create groups

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT 2012 Pro Remote database users unable to create groups

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with several users of ACT 2012 Pro (14.1.108.0) regarding creating groups.  Users who have remote database copies seem to be unable to unable to create new groups (users who connect directly to the main database are unaffected).  The Hierarchy drop-down list is greyed out, and the new group cannot be saved.  Users are also unable to add contacts to this new group before attempting to save it.  The only error message that comes up at all is "Value cannot be null.  Parameter name:  criteria."  I've attempted to add dynamic criteria to the new group, but am still unable to save the new group.  I've tied running a repair on ACT and the remote database, and have re-synced with the main database.  Duplicate checking is not enabled, nor is there a provision to enable it (the button under Tools>Preferences>Admin is greyed out).  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎01-05-2017 10:37 AM
Administrator

Re: ACT 2012 Pro Remote database users unable to create groups

Hi Michael,

Let us know if the issue is still occurring on the remotes after syncing them, when you are able to test them.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Michael,

Please can you check the duplicate settings for Groups on the main database, while logged in as an Admin? Is the option now available? Ensure it's enabled then Sync the remotes. If it's already enabled, it's worth disabling, then reenabling it.

Please can you check in Groups > Define Fields, and check for any fields (excluding Group Name) which do not have the Allow Blank setting checked? If there are any, check Allow Blank and sync remotes.

Are you using a sync set for the remotes? If so please can you provide details for this, and any other settings you specified during the create remote databases wizard.

Tuned Listener

Hi Gary,

I have re-enabled duplicate checking as you requested.  I had originally disabled it after searching the community earlier had suggested that as a possible solution.

I have tried looking for the Groups>Define Fields option, but cannot locate it, either on the remote database or while connected live.  Could there be an issue with ACT?

Sync sets are being used.  Each user has a separate sync set, though in all cases the sync set includes all contacts in the database.  In the create remote databases wizard, I didn't really make any changes, although I did have to change where the remote databases were being created with my last test.  This was because the wizard kept flagging that a remote database with that name already existed, even when I deleted it on the server prior  Each user is an admin on the main database and their respective sync sets.

Thanks again,

Michael

Administrator

mmbrayco wrote:

I have tried looking for the Groups>Define Fields option, but cannot locate it, either on the remote database or while connected live.  Could there be an issue with ACT?

Hi Michael,

Apologies, let me clarify. When you are in the Groups view in Act!, click on the Tools toolbar menu, then select Define Fields.

Tuned Listener

Hi Gary,

No problem.  I figured I was looking in the wrong place.  I checked on the main database, and all of the available fields for Groups except for Group Name have Allow Blank checked already.  I checked on my remote database and Define Fields is grayed out (I haven't been able to check the problem user yet).

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Define Fields is not an available option on remote databases. This is normal.

Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎01-05-2017 10:37 AM
Administrator

Hi Michael,

Let us know if the issue is still occurring on the remotes after syncing them, when you are able to test them.
Tuned Listener

That did it!  Thanks so much so your help.