Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2012 No Outlook or Google Sync Metadata Files Being Created

Copper Contributor

ACT!2012 No Outlook or Google Sync Metadata Files Being Created

[ Edited ]

Using ACT!2012

Windows 7 Pro

Outlook2010 - Microsoft Exchange Server is being used for company eMail, no other eMail accounts setup

UAC - Set to "Never Notify"

Symantec Endpoint Virus Protection

Several things happened together received a new laptop, upgraded from ACT!2011, Windows XP, Outook 2003, Symantec Endpoint to current versions above.  Everything worked great on the old system.

I "restored" the my ACT!2011 Backup Database to the new laptop and ACT!2012, database converted to the new version with no issues other than no sync capabilities.

When I initiate a sync, Act does communicate with Outlook, the progress box shows ACT connecting with Outlook, getting contacts/calendar info from both ACT and Outlook and then I get a "Synchronization Failed" message.

Another interesting issues is that I have now metadata files created by ACT! in the Outlook and Google ACT Data sync folders. (C:\Users\rschumacher\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\Outlook Sync)???

So any ideas???

wvp
Loyal Listener

Re: ACT!2012 No Outlook or Google Sync Metadata Files Being Created

In what order did you install Act and Office?

Was antivirus running during these installs - or disabled?

Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Copper Contributor

Order is a bit convelouted because I have been batteling this for sometime - did the beta test on ACT!2012

Windows 7 & Outlook are 32-bit versions

Installed ACT2012 on old laptop first using Windows XP & Outlook 2003 - everything worked great no Outlook sync issues

Got new laptop with Windows 7 Pro but still had Outlook 2003

Installed ACT!2012 - Beta AFTER Outlook had been installed - sync with Outlook was non-functional

Upgraded to Outlook2010 same issues no sync, no metadata files created

Tried a complete uninstall of ACT! and SQL and reinstalled - still no sync, but not sure if I got everything out of the registry

Both laptops were using the same anti-virus and it was running, I have tried running with all anti-virus software off, still no luck with sync'ing

Why do you think ACT is not creating the metadata files?

wvp
Loyal Listener

My only suggestions would be to do a repair of Office 2010, then uninstall ACT and then re-install while your antivirus is disabled.  Sometimes antivirus plays tricks when doing installations.  Once installed - it should fine to run with your AV turned on.  You could also try to add an exception to Act or its folder so they are not scanned

I have the same environment software wise as you do - all is working fine here.  McAffee antivirus though.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a test I installed ACT2012 on my personal laptop and it sync'ed up fine same software like yours but also using McAffe.  The thing that gets me is that ACT! Integration Service appears to be working - it is flashing messages about getting contact/calender info from both Act and Outlook,I have about 2,000 contacts so it takes an appropriate amount of time and then I just get the fail message.

And maybe one of the ACT! Moderators can tell me if antivirus software will prevent Act from creating the metadata files?

I just printed out the Manual Uninstall article from the KB section and will do that this weekend and reinstall ensuring that the anti virus is disabled..

Thanks WVP for the interest in wanting to help!!

Cheers!