Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 - No History is created from Sending or Receiving E-Mail from Outlook 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2012 - No History is created from Sending or Receiving E-Mail from Outlook 2010

Please advise on how to resolve my problem recording history when e-mailing from Outlook 2010.  Here is the background:

1. I am running System 7 on a 64 bit laptop

2. I originally installed ACT! 2012 64 bit version (then found out that it is not compatible with Outlook 2010)

3. I uninstalled 64 bit version then installed 32 bit version of ACT 2012

4. I set Outlook sync preferences from "Tools" Tab (connection between outlook and ACT to send e-mails works fine).  But history is not recorded.

5. None of the icons show up under the Add-in Tab of Outlook 2010

6. I accessed Sage Support Answer ID 19948 to see options for a fix

7. Administrative preferences are set correctly

8. Act.Outlook.Service.exe is running

9. ACT! Address book did not show up in Outlook and when I tried to add it using add additional book types, ACT! Address Book does not show up as an option (only Mobile Address Book and Outlook Address Book). 

What steps need to be taken to get the ACT Address Book to show up in the Add Additional Booky Types?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author daveh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2012 - No History is created from Sending or Receiving E-Mail from Outlook 2010

If your step number 3 should have read 'then installed 32 bit version of Office 2010', the fix will be to uninstall/reinstall ACT!.

Since the 64 bit version of Office was installed, ACT! would not have been able to enter it's add-ins at the time of the ACT! install.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author daveh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT! 2012 - No History is created from Sending or Receiving E-Mail from Outlook 2010

If your step number 3 should have read 'then installed 32 bit version of Office 2010', the fix will be to uninstall/reinstall ACT!.

Since the 64 bit version of Office was installed, ACT! would not have been able to enter it's add-ins at the time of the ACT! install.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thanks Greg.  It seemed to do the trick.

We have the same "records missing" issue between Act 2012 and Outlook 2010 ..  We have the Add-in though. Our ISP recently upgraded to exchange server 2010 and we had to create new email profiles in Outlook.

Can you tell me how to add history to a new outlook profile?

Hello Brunis,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This sounds like you need to add the ACT! Address Book to Outlook; here is an article with instructions: KB Article 26796

Greg Martin
Sage