Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012. Invalid Recur Spec, Day type is "typed" but no Typed Day exists in the Recur Spec.

ACT! 2012. Invalid Recur Spec, Day type is "typed" but no Typed Day exists in the Recur Spec.

When I start my ACT 2012 I get the following erro message: ACT! 2012. Invalid Recur Spec, Day type is "typed" but no Typed Day exists in the Recur Spec.

After this I say go ahead and then my ACT database opens but I have no claendar items to do,etc and no Opportunities. Also the last time my formating of the Notes and History windows went away. No line, different fonts etc.

I run the repair and reindex instruction and it say all OK.

I am almost at the point of sayin No More ACT... Help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2012. Invalid Recur Spec, Day type is "typed" but no Typed Day exists in the Recur Spec.

Hello Jay,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Do you have the Google calendar integration setup in ACT! 2012? Also, did this just start happening or has it always been happening since you installed ACT! 2012?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: ACT! 2012. Invalid Recur Spec, Day type is "typed" but no Typed Day exists in the Recur Spec.

It just started a month or so ago and I have been tryning to work around by restoring databases.. which by the way I could not do as it asked for my passwork forthe account and I had never set one up so it would not let me restore. So I punted. Now that you mention it I had recently stopped the Google integration as it was duplicating contatcts and calendar events in Outlook. Thanks for your prompt reply. I was very frustrated and I really like ACT..Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

That error message could have more than one possible cause. Try these one at a time in the order listed:

Windows regional date/time settings
Check your regional date and time settings from your Windows Control Panel. Make sure they are set to the proper region and using the default formats for date and time. If you make changes, be sure to reboot your machine

Damaged ACT! Preferences file
Follow the steps in the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article to manually rebuild the preferences file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Video DPI setting higher than 96 (less likely)
See this Knowledgebase article for more information on ACT! and your DPI setting:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

Also, if you open the demo database (ACT2012Demo), do the same issues occur?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.