Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Google Contacts

ACT 2012 Google Contacts

I just purchased ACT 2012 Pro, and wanted to pull in all my Google contacts. This worked BUT it only pulled in the contact names and telephone numbers, not the email addresses. Is there a way to pull in the email addresses as well?

Re: ACT 2012 Google Contacts

One thing I just noticed, all the email addresses in Google are listed as "Other". I believe that is the default.

Copper Contributor

I went throught the beta program. All of the information transfered smoothly, including physical addresses. It sounds to me that you might be transfering the Act! address book within Outlook.

This is a new computer, and I did not use Outlook at all. I only had contacts in Google, and all of them transfered, but no email addresses did.

Copper Contributor

I checked to see if I was missing a preference in Google or Act and I did not find any. Everything transfered to Google and then to my phone including email address and physical address. Try syncing all contacts to Google again from Act.

Ron,

Thank you so much for following up and for helping.

I have now synced a few times. I think that the issue is that all my email addresses the Google address book has three options: Other, Home, or Work. I have enetered most of these from my cell phone, and they have defaulted to "other".

Where I have gone in and changed the email to "Work" it's transered fine, or where I changed it to "home" ACT put the email into Personal.

I guess there is no way to automate the process, but if you know of one, that would be extremely helpful.