Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 Google Apps Integration

ACT! 2012 Google Apps Integration

we are considering an upgrade to ACT! 2012 given the claimed integration with Google Apps.  In the preliminary research I've done, I continue to see referenced that ACT! only allows one google user per database.

is this accurate; i share the database with one other person, both of use using google apps from our business domain, will he be able to generate emails and take advantage of the calendar sync option as well.

also - in the scenario of using google apps via the outlook interface, can ACT! still integrate?

thanks in advance for the feedback.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2012 Google Apps Integration

The following is not accurate: A multi-user database can only connect to 1 Google account.

It is accurate that each workstation that accesses the database (or has the database locally stored) can only be set up to use 1 Google account.   This is to say: your workstation can be set to access a Google account, and another person's workstation can be set up to use a different Google account.

Greg Martin
Sage

thank you for the clarification greg!

we are using act Pro 2012. We have just changed our e-mails from our server using Google apps. How do we do several things? First, we had upgraded to 2012 to integrate with Gmail. We set up a personal Gmail address which is still there. We want to know how to change the main Gmail address that is in AcCT, to our business e-mail.

However our main company e-mail is now set up on Google apps. I would like to know how to integrate ACT Pro 2012 using Google apps. We set it up for weeks ago and in all of our ACT contacts there is no e-mail history.

Hello DanRawls,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The integration will work with Google Business accounts (KB Article 28206 ).  Here is an article with instructions for changing your Google account: KB Article 27992

Once the account has been changed, using the Record History option should synchronize the emails received/sent through Google to your ACT! contacts.

Greg Martin
Sage

this worked! tahnk you. now, how do I sync (opr export) my contacts from ACT 2012 to my Google Apps account?

Also, if I send email from anotehr PC, from an internet eplorer browser vs. inside my outlook, will it sync to email hiistory next time I am inside ACT 2012 on my PC?

Here is an article that explains the Contact sync setup: KB Article 27988

If you are sending from the same Google account, it doesn't matter which computer or browser you are using to access the Google account, all emails within that Google account will be synchronized.

Greg Martin
Sage

how do I sync (or export) my contacts from ACT 2012 to my Google Apps account?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Dan,
You would set up Google contact sync with your Google account, per the instructions in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2798...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

thank you. I did this twice, the contacts are not in my gmail/google APPS account, the email history is working fine in Act.

please advise the next step and how to get my contacts from ACT 2012 to my google apps account, and also so I can see them on my cell phone