Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012: Error Message when Sync'ing Calendar to Outlook

ACT 2012: Error Message when Sync'ing Calendar to Outlook

I'm using ACT 2012, and getting an error message when attempting to sync my ACT Calendar with my Outlook calendar.   Error Message is:  "Calendar Synchronization Failed".

Directionality:  The ACT calendar items DO get to the Outlook calendar just fine, but Outlook items DO NOT  show up on the ACT calendar.    

( The Contacts are sync'ing just fine, in both directions.)

FYI:   When I sync from the Preferences menu, I get the same end results as above (ACT -> Outlook updates, but not Outlook -> ACT), but no error message. 

My environment:

Per Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0,   I have installed the two downloadable EXE's, "ProviderServices" and "Synchronization". 

ACT 2012   v 14.1.108.0  

Outlook 2007   v 12.0.6607.1000  SP3 MSO

(Big note:  My Outlook also sync's to my Hosted Exchange server - via an Outlook add-on called "Open Exchange OXtender".   (...at Open-Xchange.com)

I believe that each of these two add-ons (OXtender and ACT) only accesses Outlook for a moment, to do their sync.    I could see a rare occurrence when they step on each other, but this is consistently every single time I try to sync.

Any ideas?   Thanks!

Re: ACT 2012: Error Message when Sync'ing Calendar to Outlook

Any feedback on this, we are experiencing the same issue.

Re: ACT 2012: Error Message when Sync'ing Calendar to Outlook

Clarification on the issue we are experiencing.

Environment:

Outlook 2010 (32 bit) w/Office 365 Hosted Exchange

Act 2012 Premium

Win7 64 bit

Domain with 2008 Foundation Server

4 users

There is only one user who is configured to sync with Outlook.

The sync use to work with ACT 2011, albiet the performance was not impressive and then somewhere along the way performance got really bad and then stopped working all together.

Here's what I discovered. Birthdays in ACT somehow start in 1899, when Sync'd with Outlook this is a recurrnig appointment that starts in 1899 and therefor cannot be archived. The end result is an Outlook calendar with 9,000 items. Apparently Act Sync doesn't like this many records. Once the number of items in the Outlook Calendar was reduced to 2,000 ACT Sync started working again.