Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 Dialer "Hang Up" button grayed out until dialog box is closed and reopened

ACT! 2012 Dialer "Hang Up" button grayed out until dialog box is closed and reopened

I am running Act! 2012 SP1 I click on the "phone contact "icon and the the "Dialer" dialog appears with 2 buttons - "Dial" or "Hang Up" which is grayed out. When I click on "Dial" the computer dials and the "Call Status" dialog appears offering 2 buttons - "Talk" or "Hang Up". Typically when the phone starts ringing I click “Hang Up” and the dialog disappears leaving the Dialer dialog same as before - "Dial" active and "Hang Up" which is grayed out. I have to close the Dialer dialog and I click on "phone contact" again to open the Dialer dialog at which time “Hang Up” is active and "Dial" is grayed out. After clicking "Hang Up" and closing the dialog, I can then dial another contact's phone number. How can i resolve this?

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! 2012 Dialer "Hang Up" button grayed out until dialog box is closed and reopened

Good morning Ira.  First, I am not an engineer, but I do use the dialer all day long and have run into intermitent problems from time to time.

My first thoughts are to double check the wiring from the computer to the modem to the line and to the telephone.  From time to time I have found one of these connections loose. 

I would then try to eliminate each path and step in the connections. 

Finally, for those who can provide more help than I you might want to list the baics:

Windows Version

Modem

Connection to the Internet

Is the problem constant or intermitent?

Was there a change to your environment before this started to happen - install or remove s/w or h/w?

I wish you well on this as I know how important it can be.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Re: ACT! 2012 Dialer "Hang Up" button grayed out until dialog box is closed and reopened

John,

Good Questions.

Tech Details:

Sage ACT! 2012 Pro

Brand new Dell Latitude E6530 i7-3520M 8GB

Win 7 Pro, SP1, MS Office Pro (Outlook, etc.)

The laptop was configured with an internal Conexant HDA D330 MDC V.92 modem so there are no computer-modem connection.

Connection from modem - telephone line hos no issues.

Problem is constant, but has only started with this new install.

Internet connection is through cable provider

Thanks for helping move this forward.

--Ira--