Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 Dial with VoIP

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2012 Dial with VoIP

Hello all!

We recently changed our phone over to a PBC VoIP system and are interested in setting our ACT! up to be able to click-to-dial.  Here's our basic stats: 

Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2

Shared Database

Windows 8 (and 1 computer running Windows 10)

The issue we are having is that when we click the handset icon in ACT! it opens the history window so that we can record details, but it doesn't actually dial out.  I have installed the iTAP driver that our carrier requires, and we tested the settings using Outlook (Outlook dialed out just fine), but ACT! won't seem to work.  I am sure that I am just missing some step somewhere, but I am completely blind to what step!  

I have opened the Windows Dialer and it appears to be set-up correctly (it shows the iTAP driver as the "Line", but I don't have a choice in the "Address" dropdown (it defaults to "Address0").  

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much for your time and any assitance!  

Shannon 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shan-Cart-Away15
‎10-20-2015 08:52 AM
Administrator

Re: ACT! 2012 Dial with VoIP

Sounds like the Windows dialler isn't fully configured as it should pop up before the record history box. If you're having trouble configuring it to work with Act!, or if your TAPI driver is not compatible with the dialler feature in Act!, then there are 3rd party phone addons available here - http://actaddons.com/

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Shannon,

Have you gone though the steps detailed in the following Knowledgebase article?
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13810

Just so you know, there are addons available to extend Act's phone system integration abilities. You can find some here: http://actaddons.com

Hi!

Thank you for your response - I did try that the first day, and it appears to be set-up correctly.  My concern is that my version of ACT! doesn't allow for dial out (we have stand alone licenses, and don't have and subscriptions right now) - from what I have read, we do need to subscribe in order to be able to utilize the Dialer.  Is that correct? 

Thanks again!

Shannon

Administrator

You don't need an Act! subscription to use the dialler as it uses the Windows dialler, unless you have installed another dialler (which may have it's own subscription). Your stand alone licences don't restrict this functionality.

Great!  Thanks so much Gary!

Now I just need to troubleshoot and figure out what is missing for the dialer to work correctly ... when I push the little handset button next to a phone number in ACT!, a window pops up so that I can enter information into the contact about the call (like a Note feature, it looks like), but it doesn't actually dial.  When I called ACT! about it, they said that they no longr support our version (it's too old for Customer Care) and so I have been poking around trying to figure it out on my own.  I did get into the Windows dialer, and it seemed like it was set up correctly, but I am obviously missing some piece here ...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Shannon

Solution
Accepted by topic author Shan-Cart-Away15
‎10-20-2015 08:52 AM
Administrator

Sounds like the Windows dialler isn't fully configured as it should pop up before the record history box. If you're having trouble configuring it to work with Act!, or if your TAPI driver is not compatible with the dialler feature in Act!, then there are 3rd party phone addons available here - http://actaddons.com/