Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Alarms Dialogue doesn't display

ACT 2012 Alarms Dialogue doesn't display

We've just converted from ACT! 6 to ACT 2012.   However the alarms dialogue is not being displayed.  This is where we are usually able to focus on current and past due activiites.   The activities themselves all seem to exist as they are in the "Task List".

Any advice is appreciated.   Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Alarms Dialogue doesn't display

Some things to try:

- Could the alarms have been cleared...

- Create a new test activity for the current time with an alarm set to 15 minutes.  As soon as you save the activity it should present the alarms.   

If no alarm displayed:

- open the demo database (or create a new test database) and create a test activity with an alarm.  Does it display?

If this is a shared database, is the same thing occurring on multiple computers or just one?

Look closely at the edges of the monitor, could the dialog box be moved out of view?

Was a second monitor attached to this computer at any time?  It may be that the dialog box is attempting to display where the 2nd monitor was.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: ACT 2012 Alarms Dialogue doesn't display

I finally got the alarm dialogue to show up by creating a new activity and then up came the dialogue box.   It looks like all of our actities were converted because they show up in the task list.   I the activitiy and even though it set to "ring alarm" at 5 minutes before the scheduled activity it won't.   However, if I "change" the ring alarm to something else i.e. 10 minutes then, yes up comes the alarm.  So in effect the imported activities don't trigger an alarm.  (Unless they are changed).

Any advice?

thanks