Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 synced contacts with Outlook and ACT! deleted records

ACT! 2011 synced contacts with Outlook and ACT! deleted records

I synced my ACT! 2011 with Outlook 2010 and the first time it worked fine.  The second time I synced, ACT! deleted 14 contacts from Outlook.  

I consider Outlook my primary data source, and setup ACT! accordingly. 

So, why did this happen?

More importantly, how do I reverse it?  Outlook has 169 contacts, but ACT! has 183. 

How, do I put those records ACT! stole and put them back into Outlook?

Thank you,

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 synced contacts with Outlook and ACT! deleted records

Do you have your outlook contacts backup up in another address book or public folder?

You could also have the contacts on your phone or synced with a google app.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

Really!? 

Is that the best Sage ACT! can answer?  How many years has ACT! had a sync with Outlook and you still can't get it right!

There are dozens of small independent companies out there who sync their products with Outlook and I have used them in the past with no problem.  And when a data glitch happens all I have to do is click one little button and the program automatically does a full re sync of all data between the two programs and filters out the duplicates, restoring the balance.

But can Sage ACT! do this?   NO!   They have had what, ten years to get it right and they still don't know how to fix their own glitches.  And forces their customer to manually reenter data that ACT! screwed up.

Please ACT!,  show a little self respect and honor for your own product and get your ACT! together.

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! has only had the sync with Outlook this year, never before.

And yes... the fact that products that do in need a method to resync and de-dupe is because of the issue with Outlook using an ItemID that changes (especially if Outlook is then sync'd with Exchange or a mobile phone.

No product can get a sync working reliably this way... so, I imaging that in a future build, Sage will need to add the ability to re-send the data cleanly and provide better de-duping

ACT sucks and is a terrible ing program.  I cant believe that I paid all this money for such a useless program.  I have spent more time trying to troubleshoot it than it is worth. THIS !

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Pjm1116,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Apparently you are having an issue with the ACT! program.  If you would like to post a description of the issue you are experiencing, the community may be able to provide an answer for you. 

When posting an issue, please include the version of ACT! (from Help > About ACT!), the version of any programs you are interfacing with (ex: version of Office), the operating system of your computer, and any troubleshooting steps you have taken.

Greg Martin
Sage