Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 stops responding when I highlight multiple contacts in a look-up (not all) for printing

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 stops responding when I highlight multiple contacts in a look-up (not all) for printing

When I do a look up in ACT 2011, all contact (I am running: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6), and I want to highlight a few of the contact within the look up for the purpose of printing (File/Print/Address Book), ACT 2011 stops responding and must be closed via Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete). Why is this happening? It seems to also happen in large look ups when I want to highlight a few of the contacts with in the look up by holding down the ctrl key and clicking on the desired contact which I wish to include in the print job.

I am running Windows 7 Professional with 6 GB of RAM, on my laptop.

How do I stop this from happening?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 stops responding when I highlight multiple contacts in a look-up (not all) for printing

Hello HaroldSJS,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. A couple of questions:
1. Is there an error message presented in ACT! or in the Windows event logs?
2. Does this happen in other list views, like the Company, Opportunity, or Task Lists?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 stops responding when I highlight multiple contacts in a look-up (not all) for printing

Thanks for the reply Greig Hollister,

In answer to your questions;

1. No! ACT 2011 freezes and becomes unresponsive, and after a short while the screen becomes dimmed (Windows 7 feature) and next to the Sage ACT Pro on the title bar, it say 'NOT RESPONDING'. No other displayed indication that the program has crashed.

2. I have not tried these scenarios. I do not use the Opportunities' feature. Their is no way to select more than one company, by holding down the ctry key and clicking on more than one company group. This does not happen when I use to the ctrl key and select more than one task to print it on one of the stock templates.