Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 problem after updating Windows 7

ACT! 2011 problem after updating Windows 7

Greetings all.  My fault.  I have had a problem with accessing my database after some Windows updates.  I used the paid service, and got THE answer.  However, i have lost the information, and i am hoping one of the community can help.

Bottomline, i was instructed to go to boot, ACT areas, and program? and delete certain files.  (It has been over six months.)  This was after we checked the SQL functions, re-installed ACT etc.  The solution worked.  The tech said it was the same to correct multiple installions issues.  I has been awhile since this problem came up, but, it appears to have the same root cause, today.  Anyone else familar with this issue and the fix?

Thnak you

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 problem after updating Windows 7

Hi Grendyl,

If you could send me a private message (by clicking on my name and choosing "Send this user a private message") with your customer ID number or phone number I can look up the notes on your case and get the exact resolution that your tech gave you.
Damien Park
Swiftpage

Re: ACT! 2011 problem after updating Windows 7

ID 17715 Incident Number 101223-000005

Thank you for getting back to me.  I apologize for taking so long to respond.  I had backed up all my DB’s into excel format.  It has taken a while to get the databases into Outlook so I was not hard down.  The military, my primary customer, is not receptive to excuses related to non access to contact and appointments.  Again, my apologies.

Above are the ID and Incident #.  The fix was very easy.  Removal of some root files that had the effect of making ACT think it was a new install.  I had written down the file names, but I can’t find my notes.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I installed my copy of 2011 on a desktop, and after a few times bringing up the DB, I am now having the same problem.  I have followed the FAQ by reinstalling, checking SQL server function, etc.  To no available.  I am now scared to death of using ACT.  I bought a copy of ACT 2013 as a back up, but I am afraid to use it for fear I will lose all of my contact and appointment information again.

I hope you can help me. 

Thank you for your time reviewing this email.

Robert Fulton