Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 on SBS 2003 using RemoteDesktop - Outlook/ACT! missing icons

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2011 on SBS 2003 using RemoteDesktop - Outlook/ACT! missing icons

Hi

I am currently using ACT! 2011 on a Small Business Server 2003 with two remote workers ruinning ACT! and Outlook 2007 via Remote Desktop on the server.  Currently we are missing the email icons in Outlook so are unabel to use the email link functionality in ACT!.

I have worked through the support document 23022 which gives a lot of suggestions for this problem.  This has not resolved it.

Sage tell me that because I am using SBS, Terminal Server runs only in Administration mode and therefore will not work.  It did work when I have Outlook 2003 so I am not sure of the advice.

I have been pionted to support document 15275 (which refers to Terminal Server and Citrix)  bit this does not work.  Again because TS is running in Administraion mode I am unable to use the Install mode (change user /install) to run the ACT! installation.

Anybody got any thoughts.

Regards

David

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 on SBS 2003 using RemoteDesktop - Outlook/ACT! missing icons

a requirement would be that ACT and outlook both be installed on the server. Is this currently the case? for example, you can't have terminal services ACT integrate with a local copy of Outlook.

You don't mention that , so I wanted to be sure.  If they are both on the same machine (the server) that would mean a different set of steps.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 on SBS 2003 using RemoteDesktop - Outlook/ACT! missing icons

Yes.  Outlook 2007 SP2 and ACT! Pro 2011 SP1 are installed on the SBS 2003 SP2 server

I have completed the support documewnt 23022 'missing icons in Outlook' with no results.

This is an SBS server and we are using Terminal Server shipped wtih SBS

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards

david