Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 on Citrix XenApp

ACT! 2011 on Citrix XenApp

Has anyone actually published ACT! on Citrix XenApp?  How does the licensing work?  I cant get an answer from Sales or Support.  I know that on a Win 7 desktop the license information goes to Program Data.  That means that everyone logging into my XenApp server will use the same license key.  Is that ok with Sage?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 on Citrix XenApp

Hello KchappelRJ,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Your Sage ACT! serial number/license determines how many active users you can define in the database ('active' is not equal to concurrent, it means 'allowed to access database'). If your license is a multi-user license, you will not have an issue with all users using it.

If it is a single user license, you can register additional licenses on the server to allow for more active users.
Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Contributor

As ACT Hosting Providers, We Host ACT (and Quickbooks) on Citrix Xen App 6.0 and both behave quite nicely. 

As Greg mentioned, Licensing in ACT is a per user basis, not a per machine basis.  You would need to purchase only enough ACT licenses to support each physical person who logs in.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Ok but please clarify which Server... is it the ACT! DB server that will "track" the licenses?    If it's done on the XenApp server I need to understand how to make that happen.   By design XenApp presents challenges for individually licensed applications.  In addition we will be using non-persistent machines. 

Silver Contributor

Licenses are counted when the shared database is open and are tallied against active users of the database. the licensing schema is not machine specific.   If you have several databases, you would still need to purchase the number of licenses for each specific person using the system.

I"m not sure what challenges you are referring to with Xen App.  We have not had any licensing issues with any product we host.  MS Office, ACT, Quotewerks, Quickbooks, etc. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider