Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 not syncing with Outlook 2007 Calendar

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2011 not syncing with Outlook 2007 Calendar

I've been an ACT! user since ACT! 1. I just received ACT! 2011 and have 2 problems. 1) and most important ACT! is not syncing with Outlook 2011 Calendar. Address book, recording History, etc. work fine. What may be the problem. 2) The "F2" key doesn't refresh the screen. How is this now done? A little side information. It seems that the ACT! product and Customer Support have improved/declined in reverse proportion. My upgrade to 2011 was on January 29, 2011 and it's next to impossible to get telephone or online chat. Point of information: I upgraded to Win 7 and had Outlook 2009 and ACT! 2009. After several months of Microsoft saying it was ACT! and ACT! saying it is MS. Guess what? As soon as I installed ACT! 2011, no problems. And I finally did find out that the hire-ups at Sage/ACT! acknowledged that there is conflict. ACT! Support needs a little more communications, training, and accessibility. I also noted that the Spell Check for Post Message could use some additional work. Has Act! really forgotten about quality control and cxustomer service? Richard
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 not syncing with Outlook 2007 Calendar

For the sync with Outlook, can you provide some addtional information:

- Are you also syncing Contacts?  Is that successful?

- Are you receiving any error messages?  If yes, what is the message?

- Have you tried with a shorter timeframe?  Example: 7 days before and 7 days after.

To refresh the screen:

2 options:

1. F5 button is Refresh

2. Go to View > select Refresh (near bottom of menu)

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg, Thanks. I moved the calendar setting to 7 days. This works for ACT! but it doesn't work for me. I have conferences and meetings out a couple of months and at times need that information. As to the "F2", I meant "F5". when I hit F5 it takes me to my Documents Folder and does not refresh.

[ Edited ]

Now that you've established that it can successfully sync with the short time frame, test expanding the time frame. It may be there is a 'problem' activity that is causing it to fail.

F5 is set to be the Refresh key... if it is opening your My Documents, I don't know what would be causing that.  The alternative is the View > Refresh option (which notes F5 as the key...).  Test the F5 button on different screens to see if there is one/two in particular that bring up the Documents folder.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I haven't had the opportunity to check the Outlook Sync. However, I've tried everything I can do to get F5 to refresh. It only opens My Documents. My Outlook is about 2 weeks old. Can you tell me hoe I can get Customer Support or live chat. As mentioned previously, the reason I'm on the Board is because I couldn't get to tech support.

The installation of ACT! shouldn't have reset any of your function keys.  You can test the function key outside of ACT! to verify - with Internet Explorer open (while reading this post) > click on the F5 key and see if it refreshes the screen or opens the My Documents folder.  If it opens your My Documents folder, then something has reset your keys from default (ex: have you installed a Logitech keyboard/mouse or a media editing program).

Please see your Private Notes

Greg Martin
Sage