Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 email setup/ Outlook 2010 not a choice

ACT 2011 email setup/ Outlook 2010 not a choice

History-

Running ACT Pro 2011

Last week Outlook stopped running on computer.  Just would not open fully and hung up.  Then would not close and had to force shut down of computer. (windows 7-office/outlook 2007).  Computer guy (CG) couldn't get it to work so installed Office 2013.  Outlook worked fine but 2013 does not play with ACT 2011, so CG installs Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 64 bit version/ Outlook 32 bit version.  Outlook works fine but again Act does not 'see' outlook to set up email. 

I have searched this community/Internet and tried every "fix". 

What I have done:

Run repair on Microsoft Office

Uninstalled Act and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022 

Reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022 and  KB23426.bat file

Reinstalled ACT 2011

Database Maintenance Check/Repair

ACT ad-in is checked in Outlook

HELP PLEASE-ANYBODY? 

Administrator

Re: ACT 2011 email setup/ Outlook 2010 not a choice

Hi profitplanners,

The following Knowledgebase article has a number of additional suggestions to resolve this issue. I would suggest working through them in order. http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14425

Using Outlook 32bit with the rest of the Office suite 64bit should work in theory for the general emailing tasks, however mail merge (write email from template) would not, as this uses Word functionality, which would require a 32bit Word installation. I would generally recommend Office, as a whole, is installed as 32bit.

I have tried all the suggestions in that article.

I have uninstalled/installed windows a few times with various versions of windows, 2013, 2010 now back to 2007. 

I have uninstalled/installed ACT. 

I now have ACT recognizing Outlook (2007) but it hangs up when I try to start an email.  

This is only a problem on my computer. We have others running ACT with windows 7, and  windows 10.

This is really causing the IT guy fits. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Now try running a repair in MS Office.