Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 dynamic groups not working

ACT 2011 dynamic groups not working

Something very strange is going on, here is what's going on:

1. Wasn't able to create dynamic membership based on a date criteria. In the Group Criteria window I would press preview and the correct contacts would be listed but after saving everything nothing would view in the main group window.
  2. Updated Act to SP1 HF3 and this corrected that.
  3. Now with multiple criteria it still isn't functioning correctly. For example I create a test group and want membership to be based on a date event and something else (anything else) it behaves like it did before, can preview the members but none are actually listed in the main group window.
  4. I can create a query directly from the edit dynamic membership page and it works fine while doing a standard lookup but simply won't work in groups.
  5. This also seems to be messing up smart tasks as well.
  6. I've rebooted...done db maintenance but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 dynamic groups not working

Does the demo database work?  Or, if you make a new db, will it work there?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

It happens on all databases, even new ones. I even reinstalled ACT 2011 and applied SP1 and the hot fixes but it's still happening. If one of my criteria is based on past date it seems to work, but anything for future dates it only works correctly with that one criteria.

Copper Contributor

Similar issue:

Two contacts who meet the (single) criterion have not been added to the group.

In other instances, contacts who do meet the criterion do show up as group members when I click, "Add/Remove contacts" to/from the group, but the group does not appear in the individual contacts' group tabs.

ACT Pro
Version of Act! 19.2.146.0 upgrade 5
Office 365
Database is on my local machine (private database)
Operating system is Windows 10

Nickel Elite Contributor

In order to be able to see dynamic group members in the contact TAB "Groups" there is a special button "Show dynamic group membership". It will open a separate window showing dynamic memberships.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of this tab.  There are dozens of contact who meet the criteria for dynamic membership in a few of the groups for which I've created dynamic memberships, but those groups do not appear in this tab.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Recommendation: call an ACC, as this is probably not something that cannot be clarified by posting to and fro.
I can't extract anything useful from the screenshots.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de