Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 and att.net email

ACT 2011 and att.net email

I'm a current user and understand that ports 25 and 110 need to be open. I can receive emails but cannot send. I contacted my internet provider and was told that my port are static and that shouldn't stop me from sending emails. I've made sure my settings are the same as "windows mail" and no luck. Should I reinstall ACT? I'm at a loss.

Re: ACT 2011 and att.net email

56 views and nothing! I figured ot out though.

This is a reported issue that is currently under investigation. This issue has been found to occur on computers running Windows Vista which supports and has Hardware DEP (Data Encryption Protection) enabled . The Internet Mail Email Client will still function, but the connection test will fail to successfully complete. Hardware DEP can be disabled in the System BIOS so the Internet Mail test will work. 

For assistance determining if Hardware DEP is enabled on your computer, as well as a description of DEP, please refer to the following Microsoft® Knowledgebase Article:

How to determine that hardware DEP is available and configured on your computer

For more information on disabling Hardware DEP in your System BIOS, please refer to your system documentation or contact your computer manufacturer

Re: ACT 2011 and att.net email

Sage is wrong on the name Data Encryption Protection/DEP. It's actually Data Execution Prevention/DEP. I finally got the email client to login to the incoming and outgoing server, but still not sending emails!