Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 and Outlook 2010 History question

ACT 2011 and Outlook 2010 History question

ACT 2011 and Outlook 2010 using Outlook for mail.

I would like sent emails from my account in ACT to be logged in the customers history not my file hisory.

What and where are the changes I need to make in the email setup in ACT/Outlook? I have tried all the different settings I could see there (all contacts, to/from, etc.) but all my sent emails including replies always go to my contact history not into the customers history. I don't want to have to look through all of my history to find what reply or email was sent to a certain customer. 

I always have to manualy attach it by going into Outlook sent folder and select the email sent and maually attach it. Becomes quite an issue when sending emails all day long. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Sure I'm missing something easy somewhere. 

Joe

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 and Outlook 2010 History question

Do you have the customer's email address in their contact record?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

Yes I do have just the customers email in their contact record. But when I respond to an email they sent me, it seems the response only goes into my history record. 

I see there is a check box when setting up outlook in act that can be checked to ignore my record in history. Should that be checked or will there then be no history anywhere? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you reply you're sending from your record, not the client's record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok, understood. But for my reply to their questions via an email, if I want to refer back to what I wrote to them, I will need to then go through all my history of sent emails and everything else in my history to hundreds of customers to see what I wrote back to them? 

Copper Elite Contributor

Sorry, I really don't know why this doesn't work for you and I don't have Act 2011 installed at my location.

In your preferences, under the Admin tab, there might be an option indicating that a user can create email history. If you have that, could you see if it is enabled.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

Thanks. I will look but didn't see any choices earlier. Just seems dd that all communication with a contact isn't kept with that contact. Maybe someone else will have version 11 and be able to advise.