Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 and Office 2010 document History

ACT 2011 and Office 2010 document History

I have upgraded my word processor to Office 2010. This all works OK except that when I used to print a document in Word 2003 ( the version I previously used) once the document printed the create ACT history box came up automatically giving the option to save the file and create a record and link in the contacts history tab.

With Office 2010 I can create the same effect but only by choosing the "Add In" section a clicking on "record history" from the drop down but it doesn't happen automatically as it did before.

Is there a way to change the way this works so that the record history box comes up automatically. I can't see anything in any of the preferences that will achieve this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: ACT 2011 and Office 2010 document History

I have managed to find a solution to this that others might find helpful.

It is at

http://winnovative.com/insidesmallbizcrm/2011/01/24/quick-fix-getting-act-and-word-2010-to-work-toge...

It takes less than a minute to set up and works  treat

Bronze Super Contributor

Astute Commentator

I am using Act 2011 and Word 2003. I only get the history prompt when i choose the print now button. Most of our users go through the traditional file | print | select a printer and trays process. This doesnt give me a prompt to create a history item. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Robin