Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 & Windows 8 compatibility problem

Tuned Listener

ACT 2011 & Windows 8 compatibility problem

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a new computer(Dell Windows 8 single user )  and i want to transfer my data to it . I installed ACT 2011 on the computer went to open an existing data base---- open up actdatabase.files -that opens a sub file i click on a file and the message   "no items match in your search"

what help might anyone suggest

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 & Windows 8 compatibility problem

Since that version of ACT was not build for Win 8. IT's not going to be compatible.  Easiest way to resolve the issue is to upgrade to ACT 2013 which does support win8

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I have upgraded our office to all new computers and Windows 8.  The database was kept on the server so we did not have an issue of moving the database.  You may be aware, you can not simply move a database by dragging and dropping.  You may have to backup and restore if changing the location.

We have a different issue that we would like help with.  All the new systems now, when loading act 2011, come up with the ACT dialer to be set up and we can not stop this nag screen from opening.

The second issue is one out of 7 new computers must run ACT as administrator and we can not run as user.  When first installed we had no issue but after a few days, that computer got some automatic updates and from that time on Act did not run smoothly and now must be run as administrator.

If anyone can help on this, it would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

Silver Contributor

You will continue to have problems if you stay with ACT 2011 as it was not built for Win8

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider