Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Smart Task questions

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 Smart Task questions

How does one review the pending tasks that have been queue'd up in Smart Tasks, when their scheduled event time is in the future? There could be 10,000 tasks queue'd up and there is no way that a person can see what has or has not been scheduled. There is no indication of any scheduled activities in the Contact's record. Everything is behind the scenes until the event occurs. When a person looks at a Contact's recored there is no indication that any type of followup is planned.

Which lead to:  How can one tell if any given Smart Task has been manually applied more than once to a contact? Did I assign a task or not ... guess I'll just assign it now to make sure ... which ends up with multiple redundant tasks.

How can a task's status be changed to completed when it has run its course? ... currently everything says "waiting on user" unless it has been manually cancelled.

Hopefully, the email feature will eventually include at least the provision for pulling in the contact's first name. Yes, the e-marketing (Paid Service) can pull data out of the contact's record; however, e-marketing emails SHOUT automation: "this is not a personal communication from me to you as an individual ... you are just a number in our system ... opt out here."

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Smart Task questions

Personally I think this is still a work in progress and Northwoods www.crmaddons.com product SAM has doen this for years so if you want to go beyond the basic of Smarttasks you might look at this option as it will be a number of years IMHO before the standard version is capable of this type of automation

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Paul,

I liked what I saw on their web site ... do you know if crmaddons has versions of their modules for ACT 2011? It doesn't appear that they do on their web site.

thanks,

Rick

Bronze Contributor

Rick,

Yes they all work in 2011 as I have setup a couple already on some test databases

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.