Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 SQL Error

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2011 SQL Error

When trying to opoen ACT I get an error " Database could not be accessed. In order to access this database check your network connections".

Tried the following:

1. Restart computer

2. Start SQL in the Servcies tab but get another error "Windows could not start SQL Server (Act7) on local computer. error code 3414".  

3. Tried repairing SQL but did not help and got another error " Couldnt find the Database Engine startup handle"

Any input would be great!

Did have power outage which could of caused issue?

I guess I can reinstall SQL 2008 RS but what else does that affect.

Thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jabmk
‎09-20-2016 06:16 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 SQL Error

[ Edited ]

Dont remember. Found it! it works now.

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi jabmk,

The following Knowledgebase article has a sugested solution for a very similar error: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29070
I would suggest following the steps and test once completed, and then running some rebuild and repair procedures afterwards for good measure: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19642
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did all the steps.  SQL now works but ACT will not load my database. It will not load the demo one as well.  Also can not create another Database.  Get an error connecting to the SQL server.

Any thoughts?

Administrator

Please can you post the exact error message that you are receiving when trying to open your database?
Copper Contributor

The Database culd not be accessed. In Order to access this database, check your network connections and and verify that your database server is avaialable
Administrator

Are you able to create a new database in Act?
Do you get any errors when opening ActDiag?

The following Knowledgebase article covers the causes of this issue and offers solutions: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19640
Copper Contributor

Can not create new database and when I try to do actdiag I get "Could not connect to the SQL Server Instance."

Copper Contributor

Makes me think something stopping my SQL server from connecting. I checked and it is started.

Administrator

Just to confirm, did you proceed though the first Knowledgebase article, past the installation stage to the point where you are asked to stop (written as STOP)? The process directly after this point is an essential part that will connect the Act7 instance to the Act installation, and also needs to be completed. We often see people forget to complete this section.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jabmk
‎09-20-2016 06:16 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dont remember. Found it! it works now.

Thanks for the help