Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Professional

ACT 2011 Professional

[ Edited ]
Hello All I have an XP Professional SP3 laptop Office 2007 - Outlook 2007 as my mail client. Outlook is set to connect to the user profile on the exchange server, and is set to cached mode for when it is offsite. ACT 2011 will not sync calendar entries, yes appears to sync contacts OK. Called ACT support who advised me (quite alarmingly in my opinion) that ACT 2011 will not sync with an outlook profile that connects to exchange and uses an OST file. It strikes me that any business over 10 users which operates a server/exchange environment must have experienced the same issue as me, and there must be a fix for it? I cannot disable cache mode as the user needs their outlook available offline, and I cannot (as suggested) use PST files otherwise the user has to put all their calendar entries into both their exchange calendar AND their PST calendar, and therefore may as well type them into ACT manually? Hope someone can help me - if not I imagine the software is not fit for a corporate environment and I will feel immensely disappointed to have to relay to the client they have to purchase another add on software to achieve something I thought would be very very straightforward? Thanks in advance for all assistance. NP
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Professional

I use Outlook 2010 with an OST from Exchange 2003.

While I have other issues with the sync (eg don't use it to edit activities in Outlook or sync to a phone), it does get the data there (not all scheduled correctly due to bugs in handling international data.

Are you getting an error? If so, what?

Hi Mike The odd thing is there is an error, but it does not give any more info than ActOutlook failed to sync (not the exact words but not in front of the PC at present) The setup you have then proves that this will work. I may have to call ACT support back and push this with them, it just does not make sense that such a big product would not work in a standard corporate environment. The syncing will only be between act/outlook so not concerned about any issues with phones etc) Thanks for your help. NP
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm working on trying to get the contacts to import from outlook and found this thread.

I happend on a work around yesterday for the calendar.

play with the amount of days you want to import, I changed too only import I think 30 and it worked.

Jeesh, 300.00 software and we are finding work arounds?