Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 - Problems w/ sorting in contact list view by typing first few letters

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2011 - Problems w/ sorting in contact list view by typing first few letters

Just installed ACT! 2011.   Longtime user of previous versions.  When I go to Contact List View and click on a column, in past versions I was able to type the first few letters of the contacts last name and the column would sort to match those letters. 

Under the new 2011 it seems to only read the last letter typed.  In other words if I type "SMI" to find the last name "Smith" it will sort the list starting with last names that begin with "I".  What can I do to fix this?  Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author azrickb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 - Problems w/ sorting in contact list view by typing first few letters

Hello azrickb,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are in the Contact List View and just type letters, it will go to the first name on the list that starts with letter. If you are looking for a string of letters, then you would instead type that in the Look For box at the top of the contact list. If you do not see this box, then click Options on the upper right of the list and choose Show Look For.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 - Problems w/ sorting in contact list view by typing first few letters

Hellow azrickb - I believe I've seen this question posted before, and that feature is no longer available.  Please post your request to have that added back in to this site:  http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas/tab/popular 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Solution
Accepted by topic author azrickb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello azrickb,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are in the Contact List View and just type letters, it will go to the first name on the list that starts with letter. If you are looking for a string of letters, then you would instead type that in the Look For box at the top of the contact list. If you do not see this box, then click Options on the upper right of the list and choose Show Look For.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Contributor

That is the solution. I wasn't aware of the Look For option.