Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Pro won't sync with Outlook 2010

ACT 2011 Pro won't sync with Outlook 2010

Hi all,

My company installed ACT! 2011 Pro a little over a month ago. After about a months worth of tech support phone calls to fix everything...we thought we were off the ground running. Not so. I have set up my bosses computers to sync with Outlook once a day, so the contacts they put into ACT can sync with Outlook and subsequently their phones (they are traveling salesmen). Due to the issues with duplication everytime I synced the database I have the sync set up to ONLY be from ACT to Outlook. Nothing from Outlook, except the calendar, is synced with ACT.

Here's the setup: 1 server--act is installed here and this is our shared database

3 user stations--share the same database over the network

2 remote databases--for when my bosses are out of town

When I run the sync with outlook everything looks fine. There are no error messages. However, when I restart Outlook, the contacts that should be in there aren't. I'm not trying to sync massive amounts of contacts, just any recently added contacts. 

I'm just very lost on what could be wrong. Help!

Re: ACT 2011 Pro won't sync with Outlook 2010

Update: the sync works on my computer, but not my bosses computer. Is there a configuration issue that could be causing this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, outlook is syncing with their blackberries.

I have found that the ACT!/Outlook sync will cause all sorts of data issues if Outlook is then sync'd to something else.

Your best bet is to use something like Handheld Contact for the Blackberries

Can you hear me sighing? I have to tell my boss we have to buy yet ANOTHER thing to make ACT work. This program is terrible.

Actually, I'm not a consultant ... But as an investment, I know how to get a return on the product

After 45 min on phone, I finally got to an expert that solved my problem.  ACT would not sync with Outlook (contacts & calander).  She had me go to AppData/ACT/ACT Data and rename the existing Outlook Sync folder so a new one would be generated.  I've used ACT since version 1.0 and as ownership has changed, and programmers continue to add "must have" features, the connectivity continues to go down hill.  Syncing contacts with outlook was only done because since ACT 2008 I no longer had seemless syncing with my PALM OS phone.  We should not need middle-ware to do what use to work great in older versions.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that a few days ago and it didn't work--not sure why.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Only thing is, I've looked everywhere for a "Sync" folder to rename but no luck. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Dan