03-09-2011 12:31 PM
My company installed ACT! 2011 Pro a little over a month ago. After about a months worth of tech support phone calls to fix everything...we thought we were off the ground running. Not so. I have set up my bosses computers to sync with Outlook once a day, so the contacts they put into ACT can sync with Outlook and subsequently their phones (they are traveling salesmen). Due to the issues with duplication everytime I synced the database I have the sync set up to ONLY be from ACT to Outlook. Nothing from Outlook, except the calendar, is synced with ACT.
Here's the setup: 1 server--act is installed here and this is our shared database
3 user stations--share the same database over the network
2 remote databases--for when my bosses are out of town
When I run the sync with outlook everything looks fine. There are no error messages. However, when I restart Outlook, the contacts that should be in there aren't. I'm not trying to sync massive amounts of contacts, just any recently added contacts.
I'm just very lost on what could be wrong. Help!
03-09-2011 02:46 PM
03-10-2011 02:29 PM
03-11-2011 07:11 AM
03-11-2011 09:48 AM
After 45 min on phone, I finally got to an expert that solved my problem. ACT would not sync with Outlook (contacts & calander). She had me go to AppData/ACT/ACT Data and rename the existing Outlook Sync folder so a new one would be generated. I've used ACT since version 1.0 and as ownership has changed, and programmers continue to add "must have" features, the connectivity continues to go down hill. Syncing contacts with outlook was only done because since ACT 2008 I no longer had seemless syncing with my PALM OS phone. We should not need middle-ware to do what use to work great in older versions.