Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 Pro updates, Outlook sync and errata...

ACT! 2011 Pro updates, Outlook sync and errata...

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just installed 2011 Pro and am trying to sync with Outlook 2013 but no go.  The release notes in the download center indicate this issue has been fixed so I tried to update with the HF-4, 5 & 6 (mysteriously, there is no HF3) but I get an "unsupported version" error message.

My ACT! shows: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 and I'm running Win7 Pro 64 and MS Office 2013 365. ACT! is installed and run only on my local drive by one user, me. ACT! is on C and the database on D.  Database file was updated from v. 9.0 and seems to run fine.

I also noticed there's an SP1/HF1 but I assumed my version incorporates it since it's at HF2.

I'd really like to get it up to date and sync with Outlook.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 Pro updates, Outlook sync and errata...

ACT! 2011 is currently on SP1/HF6 however it doesn't officially support Outlook 2013.  I haven't experimented with it to see how well or if it works.  The version of software you are on is SP0/HFx.  You should probably upgrade to SP1/HF6.  SP0/HF2 does not include SP1/HF1.  If you really want to stay up to date and integrate with Office 2013 you should probably upgrade to ACT! v16.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

[ Edited ]

Hey Stan,

Gotcha and thanks for the speedy reply.  But have you read the KB notes on upgrading?  If I understand them correctly, I "can't get there from here", which doesn't surprise me at all (see below).  Smiley Happy     The SP1/HF1 instructions say not to use on any version other than an earlier one of mine and to uninstall it completely with the uninstall tool and start over. Trouble is, mine installed with HF2 out of the box.

As for spending yet more money?  I've been a user since 3.0 with a real love/hate relationship to ACT!.  An expensive, super complex database program with never ending "issues" backed by the lousiest service and support in the biz whose answer to every concern is to buy a new version or pay for answers to questions about bugs not features.  If it wasn't for good people like you it'd sunk long ago is my guess.  I only upgraded this far so as to use 15 years worth of contact data in Win7-64.

Regards,

Mark

Silver Super Contributor

You should be able to install SP1/HF1 on top of SP0/HF2.  I have never done it any other way.  Just download SP1 and install it.  SP1/HF1 is a later version than SP0/HF2.  Then update to HF6.  After you've done that Outlook 2013 "may" do what you need for it to do.  I'm not making any promises though.

Here is the KB I found on SP1.  I don't see anything about not installing it on SP0/HF2.  What KB were you looking at?

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27290

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

[ Edited ]

Hey Stan,

Yes, upon closer inspection I found I had indeed NOT understood the KB note correctly.  Smiley Happy So I simply gave it a try and got it all updated to SP1/HF6 and it works fine.

And FYI, it does sync Contacts with Outlook 2013 ok but mismatches some fields such as home/work address and minor stuff.  Basic info aligns correctly and is usable for my purposes.  Still playing with the Calendar but it seems ok, too.   Not sure if the mismatch is in the program or because I have highly customized contact templates/fields I've used and ported over for years.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Mark