Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 Pro installation: SQL Server 2008R2

ACT! 2011 Pro installation: SQL Server 2008R2

I would like to install ACT! 2011 Pro on my Corporate Windows 7 laptop. Company IT policies do not permit the SQL Server 2008R2 installation for security reason. ACT! 2011 Pro is therefore not working with the actual setup. Is there any way to install the application?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 Pro installation: SQL Server 2008R2

[ Edited ]

Hello Jedi,
You can install ACT! without installing SQL Server by selecting the Custom installation option during the install. See Steps 9-15 in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2672...

Keep in mind that there will be some functionality that is not available when SQL is not locally installed. See this KB article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2690...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig's answer assumes that your company has ACT! (and SQL) on the server ... eg you're not trying to run it standalone

The main function you can't do is sync to the laptop ... eg it'll only work when you're on the lan accessing the database on the server

Mike

Thank you for the clarification. However ACT! and SQL are not installed on the Company Server. I want to use ACT! as a standalone application on my laptop. I am back to square one! The only solution I have right now is to pursue using my home computer and forward my corporate email to home and use the home computer as the 'base' (Duplicate work). Mobile access would be performed through ACT! Connect. Not very efficient. Anyone have other idea?

Cheers!

HTC Desire HD (Android).