Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Pro Backup error

ACT 2011 Pro Backup error

Hello,

We receive the following error when we try to make a backup in ACT.

"The following error occured during backup. The backup was cancelled.
Path to database is invalid. The backup did not complete."

We have tried the KB 27829 but no succes.

We can make a succesful backup in the Demo Database.
I am Administrator in my own database.

Please help

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Pro Backup error

Try:
- Un-share the database
- Attempt backup

If successful, re-share database and attempt backup again.
Greg Martin
Sage

When i unshare the database the backup is oke.

When i re-share the database en try to backup i receive the same error as before.

Do you have a other  idea ?

I'm glad to hear that you can create a backup, even though you have to 'un-share' the database to do it.

To see if this is database specific, open the Demo and ensure it is set to Shared, attempt to backup. If successful, the issue is with the main database itself.

Try running maintenance on the main database: Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair. Test backup again.
Greg Martin
Sage

When we set the option share database for the Demo Database we can succesfull backup the database.

I have run the Check and Repair.... database maintenance on the production database and this run succesfull, but still no succes to make a backup when the share option is active.

The ACT Scheduler is also failed.

It appears the issue is either within the database, or with the location of the database. Try restoring a backup of the database using the 'Restore As' option and restore to a different location with a different database name (ex: C:\ACT Database) and test sharing/backing up the database. You'll want to add full permissions for Everyone on the new location folder.

If a new location/restored from backup doesn't successfully backup when shared, then the issue is most likely with the database itself.
Greg Martin
Sage